Monday, January 31, 2011

Feel Free


Second to the love and concern for well-being that I feel for 
friends, family and those who are not yet friends,
nothing matters more to me than feeling free.  

No matter the time, no matter the place, 
the money, material items and circumstances 
don't matter much to me--
As long as I can roam freely and explore.

It's what I live for. 

It goes deeper than that.
There are very few places where I feel free to 
truly be myself, whether in the way I treat others,
the way I express myself or my means of doing things.
I often feel trapped in other peoples' paradigms,
compelled to conform to their standards, however unconsciously.

In these last few weeks, I have revisited some of the places 
where I simultaneously feel most free and at home  
-- I suppose those two words 
ultimately mean the same thing to me --
having honest and spontaneous interactions
with the most lovely companions.


I had the opportunity to connect a deep longing inside of me 
with its ephemeral water source.

In the desert, this is of course rare,
But that's what makes the desert beautiful.

I understand that I cannot stay forever.
Although my time there was much too short,
I keep it with me as I return to rules and lonely boxes;
I know that I'll return.



No comments:

Post a Comment