Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thank You

I wasn't expecting to reach this page back when I purchased this journal with Emily in August, as I was (planning) to leave Denver. Since then, many things have taken my path in surprising directions. I am sitting here, in the UNHCR guesthouse in Zambia working with refugees, smiling at my colleagues, my friends and family in the US, the full moon outside, and my past self at the beginning of this book who had no idea where she was heading. I can't say that this has changed much but I see now that there was a path, just not one laid out before me.

I smile at the Buddha(s) {teachers} who teach me, the Dharma {teachings} which guides my best actions, and the Sangha {community} which supports me, even if it presents itself as tough love sometimes. Every moment contained in this book was a lesson and something for which to be incredibly thankful. This book holds the details of my sacred circle, everything comprising my environment, to which I am heavily indebted. So, thanks, to anyone who may be reading this and everything that most likely never will.

To the people and things which provided me comfort and to those which/who showed me where I hold myself back, this book is for you. I am so very happy to be alive, here with you, in this beautiful world. Won't you join me for a moment in a space between words, thoughts, and concepts? Just follow your breath....

No comments:

Post a Comment