Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ethical Relativity

Exhausted from operating day after day with practically no support or resource availability. I am left in quite a tangled web of politics (specifically -- intra-organisational, inter-organisational, with government officials, and the refugees themselves) with no sense of orientation. On top of that, finances are in dire need of mitigation, other resources such as power, internet, and transportation have become increasingly more unreliable.

I am feeling overwhelmed. I don't even know where to begin fixing things and can already see how patching one hole will cause four others to burst. I feel particularly responsible to the refugee community, which tends to get the shortest end of the stick in situations like these, when things keep failing despite our most sincere endeavors.

I am trying to maintain a head on firm shoulders but everything is SO relative here. What is right and what is wrong? Even my gut cannot tell anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment